Thursday 2 July 2009

Personal characteristics

VI. The Spirit has personal characteristics.

He Has the Attributes of a Person1

A. He has a mind.

Paul mentioned "the mind of the Spirit" - Ro 8:27 this suggests thinking on His own. He has His Intellect, 1 Cor. 2:10,11, “For to them God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.” For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

B. He has knowledge

He "knows the things of God" - 1 Co 2:11, Just as the "spirit of man" (a personal being) knows certain things, 1 Corinthians 2:10 -11, For to them God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man, which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.

C. He possesses affection

Paul speaks of "the love of the Spirit" - Ro 15:30. When have Christians known of an "impersonal force" that could love? , Ephesians 4:30, and do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom Christians were sealed for the day of redemption.

D. He has a will

"The same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each, one individually as He wills" - 1 Co 12:11. The Holy Spirit decided what person received which gift. Corinthians 12:11, But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. 1 Cor. 12:11, But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

These are the personal characteristics of the Holy Spirit.

Does the CUV Bible tells us so?

Jesus loves me this I kow, for the Bible tell me so..

Does the Chinese Bible tell us so?

Does Jesus Christ still loves me, when I am holding a CUV Bible?

Does Jesus Christ loves me, when I am reading a NIV Bible?
Does Jesus Christ loves me, when i am buying a ESV Bible?
Lord, look for me, I know I am a lost sheep!
CUV Bible says that Jesus Christ is a Good Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment