Friday 11 July 2008

Thy love the flame

Psalm 119:165, "Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble."

My teacher said, we must keep the 10 commandments, keep the morale laws, but not the ceremonial laws, I totally agreed with him. The commandments says, you shall not kill. One day I heard, a christian teacher scolded her students, in the early morning, she said gently to the students, "I kill you, I kill you, I kill you.." I cannot imaginate what is in her mind, I am surprise to heard that from a gentle lady like her, from a christian like her, she said that again few days later. I hope the young students will not understand what she said, not at all. I hope they will forget the teacher's spoken words, 3 simple words, but they do kill. Deep into man heart, a christian's word like a double edge sword, it kills. It is very hard to forget those 3 words, sometimes we just say that, sometimes even, when we are preaching and praying, indirectly we are whispering in our heart like this, "I killed you." Wrong doctrine is like that. It kills. The satan is the murderer in the begining. In the New Testament, the Lord said, sin of hatred is like a sin of murder. How severe it is, sometimes, with word we kill.

One of my Christian friend told me about his childhood, his father is a pastor, he is a hot tempered pastor, my friend remembered, when he was still as a young boy, his father used to tide up his foot with rode, and hang him up side down in the room, and bitten him with his belt, his mother cannot do anything, he was bitten because he was naughty or done some mistakes. I was very hurt to heard that. How can a pastor do that to his own son. The punishment was to severe to a young boy like him. Where is the love of a father? Where gone the trust of the father? After more than 45 years, my friend still cannot forgive and forget his father, until today he is still angry with his father, I wonder weather father will say, "Son, I am sorry to do that on you." Maybe the father forgot what he done on his son, anyhow, the apology comes a little too late. That is another kind of killing? It seem like the father's punishment on the child is carry on until today. "Pray for them which despitefully use you." Matt 5:44, hopefully the son may one day truely pray for his father. In another place, the Lord said, "man should always pray and not give up." Luke 18:1. in time like this, do not give up forgiving, and giving. These two are the virture of a christian life.

We can see, we try to be Christian teachers and pastors, we may be a capable theologian, a gifted teacher, don't you see, sometimes we are hurting the people nearest to us, we think we are right, because we have the authority and power, watch out, we may abused our given power. Remember, what we done on other, may effect a person whole life.

There is a song, titled, "Spirit of God, Descending Upon My Heart."

...stoop to my weakness...I asked no dream, no prophet ecstasies.....but take the dimness of my soul away.

....teach me the patient of unanswered prayer.....O let me seek Thee, and O let me find.


One holy passion filling my frame,
The kindling of the heaven descended Dove,
my heart an altar,
and thy love the flame...

No comments:

Post a Comment