Thursday 17 July 2008

The Banana skin's story


An old teacher told his students this story, "A banana skin's story"

The story is like this, once upon a time, a man invited his friend to his house for a feast, but unfortunately, his friend stepped on a banana skin in the house, and he fell down, and broke his leg, so the teacher said, in this case, the friend cannot blame the man who had invited him.

I disagreed with the old teacher, the man is to be blamed for the broken leg, because the banana skin is found in his house, the man should keep the banana skin away, he should throw the banana skin into the rubbish bin, he should keep his house clean and tidy. Because of his carelessness, his friend fell down and broke his leg. The man should be blamed in this incident.

The doctrine of VPP is like the banana skin in BP churches, many had step on it, and fall down, many legs had been broken, the owner should keep the banana skin away from the visitors. Do not let people step on it again. Please, do not tell me the same old story again.

Honestly, I do not like "the banana skin story" at all.I hope you tell me the story of "the old rugged cross", that is better. I will be cold. I will be thankful. I hope the teachers can understand his students better.

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

Refrain

So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.

Refrain

In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.

Refrain

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me some day to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.

Refrain

"The fact that there are so many Bible versions is both a blessing and a problem. It is a blessing in that the Word of God is available to anyone who needs it in an easy-to-understand, accurate translation. It is a problem in that the different versions can create controversy and problems in Bible studies, teaching situations, etc. The differences between the translations can also be a subject of great division within the church body."

Refrain..

No comments:

Post a Comment