Thursday 8 October 2009

Revelation chapter 3, the church in Sardis and VPP

Revelation 3:1-6

To the Church in Sardis
1"To the angel of the church in Sardis write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. 3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you. 4 Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 6He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Sardis, today is Sart, rich trading town, 45 km away from the previous church, a town fill with lustful temptations. Sardis has strong hold built defending the town, but these two strong holds are useless due to careless armies!

The Lord will come back to Sardis soon, we do not know when it is, we CANNOT predict this one, His coming, no one can predict, keep watching, wake up calls are many!

But more important is that, before His coming, He will punished the evildoers! He will increase the punishment from time to time!

Christ is demanding His followers to stay away from spiritual contamination! Like wearing a white cloth, holiness is demanded in Christian life, since you are saved from death and sins, we are to kept pure from all sins and iniquities, sinning believers are like a man wearing a dirty cloth, looking into the mirror! Horrible!

For all unbeliever, here is a good news for you, there is a record book, called the Book of Life, not the perfect Bible, not the perfect TR, the Book of Life, in it recorded all those citizens in heaven, be careful, He will wipe out your name from the Book of Life if you are NOT faithfully live in the world as a Christian!

Do you have your name in this Book? Great Book isn't it! Some of the name had been wiped out because they are fooling around with politic, racism, corruption, terrorism, without repentance we perish!

My commentary

A well mannered Christian is better than a bad manner Christian.

A Book of Life is opened in the heaven. Remember to put your name there!

It is perfect, preserved, powerful, kept pure in all ages, I will applied Verbal Plenary Preservation on this Book, so far I think this is the one, the theologians are looking for, they mistaken this book with the TR down here.

In Exodus 32:30-35, it was mentioned to the Israelite!

30 The next day Moses said to the people, "You have committed a great sin. But now I will go up to the LORD; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin."

31 So Moses went back to the LORD and said, "Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold. 32 But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written."

33 The LORD replied to Moses, "Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book. 34 Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin."

35 And the LORD struck the people with a plague because of what they did with the calf Aaron had made.

So you see, beware! Whosoever sinned against the Lord, the Lord will wiped his or her name out of that Book!

I will surely apply Verbal Plenary Preservation unto this Book, because it is even kept perfect for all ages by the Lord Himself!

What about the Bible versions like, KJV, NIV, CUV, TR, one question I wanted to ask you, who copied these manuscripts, are they the copyist, God? And than translated into so many languages without any error? Are English language perfectly preserved for us in this modern age? Without any changes for the last thousand year?

Those 5000 pieces of Bible manuscripts are well kept for us! Thanks God for every pieces of them!

In every thing give thanks! Do not just take in Aspirin!

No comments:

Post a Comment