Thursday 9 April 2009

Impact

Do you think I have done a great evil in writing this blog to complaint about those theologians. Do you think I am that bad in writing things about the Chinese?

I do not think so, because a blog did not create any damage greater than a murder, or severer than a civil law suit in the public eyes. The FEBC theologians have a law suit with fellow Christian pastors in civil court. My stupid blog cannot have that kind of impact.

What a shame do you think I have, what a shame in writing this blog, my shame is not bigger or greater than the theologians' in the civil court. My shame is not greater than that murderer, greater than that adulterers, greater than the racist, greater than the communist, or greater than the terrorists who bomb the World Trade Center. I am only a stupid blogger. Sinful! Sinful! Sinful!
I am a total sinner! 100% stupid sinner! Only in Jesus I have hope, and only Jesus Christ saves, although I am a total failure, a grade F, but in Jesus Christ, there is hope, and there is possibility for success, there is possibility to be perfect and righteous in Him.

Suppose one day, the theologians who taught that Verbal Plenary Preservation, come to my house and they wanted to burn our Chinese Bible, and they said the Chinese Union Version is a corrupted version. What can we do? Should we defend the Chinese Bible. Yes, we as a Chinese Christian, we must defend the Chinese Bible, firstly, the Chinese Bible must not be destroyed or burnt by the theologians. We must not let the theologians burn our CUV, so this blog is to defend the Chinese Bible being destroyed by the theologians.

What about another day, the theologians come to burn the KJV, NIV, the NKJV, ESV...., and they say like this, “We the theologians, we have found the perfect underlying texts in Greek and Hebrew. Away you go all the KJV, NIV, NKJV, ESV, TEV.......... ” I will say to them, “Stop it. Do not burn my Bibles.” I have to defend all the Bibles this time.

What about one day, the theologians come to our house and they wanted to burn our sofa, because they said, “These sofas are not soft enough, not good enough.” I must say, “Stop burning our sofas. Enough is enough.” If they insist to burn my sofa, then they had done a crime in my house, and I can call the police to come to take the theologians away. We must protect our sofas from being burnt by them. Even our sofas we have to defend, what about our CUV Bible. Should we protect the CUV? Off course!

Suppose one day, those theologians come to my house, they wanted to burn my house, and if I let them burnt my house, they will burn every thing in the house, all my Bibles and all my furniture and all my sofas. In burning my house, the theologians show me the Verbal Plenary Preservation, and the underlying greek and hebrew text, which they claimed as the perfect Bible. And they said this. “ See this is the one, the perfect one, the final one, and this is the one you must have, this is it. We have The perfect Bible in Greek and Hebrew, now in our hands. Not KJV, not NIV, not CUV, not NKJV, not ESV, not those corrupted Bible. This is the perfect Bible, the underlying text of KJV. I swear in the Name of God, this Bible is the Word of God, every jot of it, every title of it, every letter of it, every page of it, it smell like the perfect Bible, looked like the perfect Bible, it is the perfect Bible!” The theologians said to me like that after they put a fire on my house, my sofas, my Bibles. Do you think I am going to believe in their words. You think I am going to accept that “perfect bible.” You think I am going to praise the theologians for the act of burning. You suppose me to say what to them? Should you let the theologian play with the fire in your house, and you let them burn down your house? And then they wanted you to accept that “perfect bible,” and then you just accept that? No, by all means, that is why i wrote this blog, to asked them to stop, stop spliting churches, because they had split many churches!

Suppose one day, those theologians who burnt down my house, my Bibles, my sofas, my furnitures, come onto me, and they said to me, “Go in peace, be peace, make peace and rest in God. We are one in Christ. Search your soul, weather you are saved or not, and see that you are born again or not.” And they started to preach to me about .....many things........about .....FAMILY LIFE, THE UNITED CHURCH LIFE, THE UNITY IN CHRIST, THE FAMILY UNITY, THE FAMILY IN CHRIST....THE END TIME.....BLA..BLA...BLA.... What do you think about them, what am I going to say to those theologians? Should we praise the theologians who burnt our house? No. What about our Chinese brothers, should we endorse the theologians in attacking the Chinese brothers? Should we praise them? Should we thank them for burning our Chinese Bible? No! Should we be silent if they continue in burning our houses and our Bibles, should we stand up in defending the Bibles? Yes! Should we follow them in splitting churches? No!

We Chinese brothers knew the CUV is not a perfect translations, but as far as we concerned CUV is our Bible, we knew the CUV can be improved, to be easier to be understood. But this does not mean that CUV is corrupted! We can said, the CUV is a faithful translation, maybe in some places in CUV, we need to improve some wordings. But one thing is for sure, as a whole, in totality, CUV is straight forward, easy to understand! For us the Chinese reader, it is better than KJV!

How could you, the theologians who attack the Chinese Bible, and then after that you say you wanted to unite the Chinese, unite their family, unite the Chinese Churches? What happened to you?
Even you the theologian wanted to attack a stupid blogger like me! Your power in your hand had corrupted your mind! We men are being tested by our given power and given authority. “Absolute power absolute corruption.”

Aren't we called to be tolerant, ....toward the family in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment