Sunday 22 June 2008

The light I never forget

Many years ago, when I was serving in a church, the congregation did not believe in present signs and wonders. Since I was serving with them, I did not preach anything about signs and wonders. I did preach about how we should taking care of those with the same faith. Weekly I taught in Sunday School and preaching on Sunday.

One day, in the middle of late night, when I was sleeping in the church, a small room with my wife, suddenly I was awake, and I opened my eyes, I saw the whole room, being filled with a kind of bright light, I never saw that kind of light before, and never after that, only once in my whole life, whitening light, everything in the room was as white as snow, table, lamp, wall and bed, window, everything in a the sea of white light, like the snow covering everything in the room. I cannot see any differences among the things in the white light, they are equally share the same light, and there was peace, silent peace, from looking into the light. I was happy about the present of the unexpected light, were those shepherd also saw this light in the field late night in the Gospel? Was I in a dream? No, I was 100% awake, I was supprise, few seconds later, the light withdrew from the room, it left us, the room returned into darkness and silent, and then I awake my wife, and I asked her, did she see what I saw She said no, in my heart I had this whisper that moment, the Glory of God has left me, the night this thinking came to me, I was greedy, that is the reason, the glory has left me, why because I decided to leave the parish not long after the incident, to go to another parish, because of comfort and better paid.

Since then I did see not that kind of glory anywhere again, but sometimes at the end of my sermon in the Sunday Morning, only a very small spark bright light, came and shine on me from above, in between my finishing prayer, before the three fold amen, the small light came and goes, I am happy the present of this small sparking light, shining on, as the blessing from above, but it still withdrew from me, I hope the light will stayed on me forever. But it comes when it like to, and goes when it likes to, may God forgive me because of my sinfulness, the glory of God has left me, I knew it is because I am sinning, in darkness now I left, Lord, let your face shine upon me again, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment