Monday 23 January 2017

A few illustrations for Verbal Plenary Preservation (VPP)

A Christian may becomes a prolific critique, or a commentator and an active participant of social and political affairs in the country, but then he is not to provoke any one to riot, that is the limit of my writings!

Lion dance!

When I was very young as a young child, during the yearly Chinese New Year, I was looking forward for the lion dancer to come to my house, to dance with the drums and burning fire crackers. Many a time, I was turned down, they did not come to my house, those lion dancers ignore our house, maybe because the money in the red packet for them is too little, even I waited for them for whole week during the Chinese New Year! What a disappointment to me. 

People believed the lion dance may brings us luck and chase away ghosts and evil spirits. That is why they open their homes for them. This is not true! 

Verbal Plenary Preservation is like a "VPP lion dance," it comes and go unexpectedly, loud and fast, after a few minutes, they will leave us, to collect more red packets at another place. My dear, this "VPP lion," will come and go in an unexpected time, so let it be. They will make a lot of noises here and there, some are happy about that lion, they have wrong expectation from a lion dance, but at the end every thing be at peace. For me, Verbal Plenary Preservation is like a lion dance, it is not the real lion! I have no superstitious, like lion dance bringing luck to us, never! Those dancers are for idols worshippers! 

After I believed in Christ, I began to ignore lion dance, it is not important any more, now I have Christ Jesus, He bring us better thing, the eternal life and forgiveness! My dear, please ignore those colourful VPP lion dance, it is not important! Rather, we dance with one another in unity, like David dances before his people! I dance because I have Jesus, not because of Verbal Plenary Preservation!

Bye, bye, lion dancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment